Sunday, October 4, 2015

I've started reading comics

So I've always considered myself a nerd at heart. I enjoy anime and manga, I've watched a lot of the animated DC/Marvel shows and movies, and I go to Comic Con every year.

I have a lot of general knowledge about the comic book universes, but I've never actually read the comics. I was always more interested in the backstories and overview of the plots, mainly because I thought all (or most) comics were individual issues with self contained stories. I prefer a continuous plot, so I avoided comics.

Recently I started reading the Injustice: Gods Among Us series. Let me just say, it's good. Really good. It's got the kind of story that made me read sixty issues in two days. So now everything I thought I knew about comics has been turned on it's head and I'm in full comic nerd mode. I'm furiously reading the Injustice comics (thank goodness the story is already pretty far along) and I'm watching Teen Titans and Young Justice and wanting to read books like Steelheart and Soon I Will Be Invincible.

So yeah. Hopefully I don't get so caught up in comics that I forget to keep writing my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment