Monday, September 7, 2015

Upcoming Book Signing

So I am going to have a booth at the upcoming Central Coast Book and Author Fair on September 20, and I am getting really excited and really nervous. It's really cool to finally be exhibiting my book, and I will (hopefully) fulfill my lifelong dream of signing a book for someone (it doesn't really count when you know the person). On a side note, I am a very shy person sometimes and one of the most awkward things in the world is being asked about my book. For some reason, my brain freezes at that question and I just kind of stutter some words that may or may not make sense. It is very problematic to have written a book and yet be too shy to talk about it.

So moving on, because we (me and the wife) have never done anything like this, we are totally at a loss about what to expect. How many books should we order? Do we print freebies to hand out? Will there be a lot of people or just a few? These are the things that I have never really thought about when I visit exhibitor booths. But now that I need to purchase the products that we are going to sell and prepare all of the stuff, it is a mystery how anyone ever does this without messing up. I'm sure that we'll figure it out and everything will go well, but until then I will freak out and try my best not to mess anything else up (I already spent hours making printable bookmarks only to find a grammatical error after spending ~$30 on printing - never let a writer edit his/her own stuff because it will only end in shame and error).

Anyways, if anyone happens to be in the Pismo Beach area on September 20, then come by the CC Book and Author Fair and say hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment